Friday, February 18, 2011

Night Over

Survived the slumber party at the airport; turns out I wasn’t the only person who didn’t book a lift in time for their ultimate destination, and was too big of a pansy to hitchhike. There were probably about 20 other backpackers pilled around the international terminal sleeping on the floor embracing their packs. It felt like I was back at science camp during sleepover night. I now wish I had kept that REI sleeping bag, the artificial climate in the Christchurch terminal apparently is set to Sub-Antarctic. I was hoping New Zealand would branch away from their sister country’s love for shitty coffee (i.e. that miserable hot milk drink “flat white” and bong water “long black”) and serve a descend fresh brew like everywhere else, but no. At least I’m starting to feel the effects of the cappuccino I’m drinking, despite the cardboard taste it’s leaving in my mouth. In 2 hours I’m back on the road, I should be in Kaikoura by 10am. First on the itinerary… a shower.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made it to Kiwiland alive. Get used to the shit coffee, and the food isn't any better. We have a few nice beers though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you reached your next destination without a hitch. Enjoy the birdwatching! I know you will....

    ReplyDelete