Monday, August 10, 2015

The Sun Makes An Exit: Day 256


I arrived on St. Paul back in late May, and ever since then the clouds, fog, and tilt of the earth have thwarted any attempt I've made of watching the sun set into the Bering Sea. Now that the northern hemisphere is making it's move to shorter days, and the fog bearing summer high pressure systems are becoming less persistent, last night the conditions were met for the sunset I've been waiting for. Here it is setting over Big Lake on the northeast tip of the island, silhouetting the dunes of North Beach. After snapping this photo I quickly hopped on my atv, took a few bugs in the face, and made it to the beach just as the giant burning orb dipped below the horizon, providing a sense of closure to a long field season soon to end.

Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, ISO-320 f/4 @ 1/3200 sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment