Thursday, January 22, 2015

Still A Tourist: Day 56


There are moments during my day to day, driving with confidence on a freeway made of ice, or wearing a t-shirt when it's zero degrees outside to check the BBQ, where I almost feel like a true Alaskan. Then again there are moments like the one in this photo, seeing a giant moose just casually standing along the side of the road, which remind me that I'm still just a tourist to these parts. Heading back from the post office I ran across this mum with calf  grazing ironically in a shooting range just down the road from our cabin. Of course I pulled over to take a look, and in the process received some looks of my own from people who actually behave like residents here. I felt like an Australian giddy with excitement over the sight of a ground squirrel. Sure there are thousands of moose up here, but I've only seen a handful, so for now I will continue this tourist mentality...at least when it comes to moose.

Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM + 1.4x, ISO-500 f/6.3 1/640 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment