Saturday, January 31, 2015

Down the Rabbit Hole: Day 65


I was driving around yesterday scoping out potential vistas for photographing a predicted geomagnetic storm set to arrive this weekend, when I came across a pretty spectacular view of Fairbanks back-lit by the sun. The sun's angle made the smoke and steam emanating from the buildings below really pop, so I took some pictures and stitched them into a panorama. My plan was to distort the image into another tiny world, but Casey had the bright idea of creating an atmosphere wrapped by the landscape instead. The outcome I think is pretty cool, and fits with the theme of the photo; a positive feedback loop of human pollution trapped within a winter bubble.

Canon EOS 60D, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM + 1.4x, ISO-200 f/20 @ 1/500 sec, 9 image panorama

No comments:

Post a Comment