Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Project 365: Day 19


I got a part time job as a cashier to make a bit of money over the holidays, until I figure out my next move, and had planned on getting a good night's sleep before my first day. The aurora forecast had been down for a couple of days, so while in bed I curiously looked out the window and sure enough, a thick band of green stretched across the sky just above the treeline. Damn. We hadn't had a clear night for aurora viewing in a while, so after several minutes of internal deliberation, I got up. Casey had a final the next day, so he stayed in bed. I warmed up my truck and drove down to the nearest frozen bog and watched the colors dance in the sky for over an hour, just long enough to lose all feeling in my body. It was worth it though, arguably the best display I've seen yet.

Canon 60D, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM, ISO-800 f/4 @ 10 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment