Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not So Away From Home

Well I’m back from Australia, I’ve been back for about a week now, and already I’ve been frantically trying to figure out the next adventure. Luckily it appears I'm not the only one in my cohort of graduating CSUMBers stressing about what direction to take in life. The job market these days is saturated with recent graduates looking for something to do. I had a few rough days dwelling on the prospect of living with my parents again, but I’ve reassured myself that my situation is only temporary; something else is bound to pop up and I’ll be off on my own two feet once again. So I’ve decided to take advantage of my free time and take in some of the hobbies that keep me occupied and happy. I’m planning many surf trips to various breaks across California, a few road trips throughout the US including a visit to the National Parks of Utah and Colorado, and trips up to the snow with Reefer dog. Of course I’m still keeping my eyes and ears open for any potential jobs or research projects that come my way; but I’m spending less time worrying about it. Worry is not a productive emotion.

Recently I’ve applied for a volunteer position with seabirds on the Northwest Hawaiian Island chain, which would use up 6 months of my 2012 summer; a nice chunk of time away from societal pressures. Fingers crossed for that one.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are in a good place - this makes me happy:) Good luck with the Hawai'i internship, that would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete