Friday, November 28, 2014

Project 365: Day 1

This blog has been hijacked for a new purpose. I've sprouted roots and moved to the great state of Alaska with my partner Casey and dog Reef. No longer will I be writing about "Life Away From Home", the old title of this blog. Instead I've decided to post a single image of everyday Life @ Home, each day, for the next 365 days.The goal here is to experiment with new ways of making ordinary subjects compelling and unique, as well as to showcase my photography in a format other than Facebook. For my first submission, a simple exploration into depth of field from our deck.


Fairbanks has been lacking substantial snow for a while. With only six inches on the ground since October, skiers and other winter sports enthusiasts have been on edge waiting for relief...until now. Finally a few nights back the clouds opened up and dumped several inches of fresh powder on our deck. It's a start to what hopefully will be a very white winter, with more dustings in the forecast over the next week. 

Canon EOS 60D 37mm ISO-800 f/4 @ 1/13 sec

No comments:

Post a Comment