Sunday, August 1, 2010

Qantas...My New Friend

Waiting in the airport once again, I have a feeling I’ll be doing a lot of this over the next year. I’m getting to know the subtleties of the various airports. I think some professional surfers just arrived in Brizy, a Quicksilver jet just pulled into the tarmac. Maybe Kelly Slater is on that plane (jerk). I wonder if I can smuggle myself onto that flight, all I need to do is act like a complete wanker and say dude a lot…done.

My flight to Mackay will get in around 8pm, where I will be shuttled to the hotel I’ll be staying at for the first 10 day swing. I get my own room and a full bed, plus food is covered for the 10 days on. They even provide a max of 2 beers a night, sweet. The physical is done; apparently I’m not dying yet. Next I just need to finalize the paper work.

Well I think I’ll sit here and count how many surfboards come off the Quicksilver plane, and dream about surfing Noosa soon. Who knows where I’ll end up on my first 10 days off; I have a few days to figure it out. Maybe I’ll go to Fiji…New Zealand…the world is my playground. I'm learning not to stress about it, it was a little worrying on the flight over here. It was hard to give up security for the unknown. But I’m learning to embrace the adventure. Hope all is well back home.

2 comments:

  1. I thought I was lucky with my 5 days off. But 10 days sounds better. So how many boards came off the quicksilver plane?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update; sounds like you will upgrade your accommodations from night #1. Check your email when you get a chance. I'm anxious to hear about day #1 on the dredger. Hope all goes well. Reef has found two watermelons in the garden. I think he thought they were soccer balls. Talk with you soon.

    ReplyDelete