Saturday, July 3, 2010

Where are the Explosions?

Happy 4th of July everyone. It has been fun for me so far. Blew another gale from the south fortunately, so we had half of the day off to play around at Cylinders Beach. Had a surf lesson to start; Jessie, Alphie, and Laura all managed to scramble to their feet. They seemed to enjoy themselves; it’s always fun to watch people pick something up for the first time. I was able to get in a few waves myself. We played a game of beach rugby to warm up; followed by me being buried in the sand and given boobs and a larger than life member. I’m sure those photos will turn out good. Tonight the Americans are putting on a BBQ with burgers, wieners, corn on the cob, coleslaw, and apple pie. We put in a request for sparklers from the mainland, but I don’t think they’ll make it. Going to be a good night of drinking with awesome company. Hope all you have fun tonight, looking forward to seeing your faces.


The new members include 1 Fijian, 3 Australians, 1 American, 2 from the UK, and 2 from France.

 

3 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July, Mike! Dad's bbq'ing and we'll relax out in the backyard, our favorite pasttime. Plan to watch the Boston Pop Sympathy on Channel 18 at 10 o'clock, they always have such wonderful patriotic music. Don't overdo and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought two packs of sparklers so they will be here when you get back. I'll save a purple rain too

    -Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah- I also just ordered some Fijian Kava... fireworks and kava when you return

    -denise

    ReplyDelete